Recordati, established in 1926, is an international pharmaceutical group, listed on the Italian Stock Exchange (Reuters RECI.MI, Bloomberg REC IM, ISIN IT 0003828271), with a total staff of more than 4,300, dedicated to the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceuticals. Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Recordati has operations in Europe, Russia and the other C.I.S. countries, Ukraine, Turkey, North Africa, the United States of America, Canada, Mexico, some South American countries, Japan and Australia. An efficient field force of medical representatives promotes a wide range of innovative pharmaceuticals, both proprietary and under license, in several therapeutic areas including a specialized business dedicated to treatments for rare diseases. Recordati is a partner of choice for new product licenses for its territories. Recordati is committed to the research and development of new specialties with a focus on treatments for rare diseases.
The Brand Manager's primary responsibilities are to optimise the market position by the development of a comprehensive marketing plans to deliver sales and marketing objectives within the agreed budget. Work in close collaboration and alignment with other business functions. Fully understand customer insights and understand how to build on this for the success of Recordati Rare Diseases.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Strategic brand planning
- Planning, generation and sharing of customer insights in order to develop market understanding.
- Deliver brand plans for established and launch products
- Accurately monitor marketing spend and report to manager at monthly intervals.
- Track national performance and use this information to inform accurate sales forecasting.
- Liaise and collaborate with the international marketing team
Operational planning and execution
- To develop and execute robust tactical plans in line with the marketing strategy.
- Review communication options and determine optimal channel mix.
- Deliver multichannel tools to drive customer engagement
- Working with International marketing on sales and marketing materials for key products and local adaptation
- To lead on the delivery of speaker symposia, consultant programmes and congresses.
- Deliver product training and selling tools to best fit local capabilities and opportunities.
- Work with the field force to optimise effectiveness of field force and utility of marketing materials.
- To ensure all activity is in compliance with company standards and the relevant country code of practice. Manages and track all materials through internal approval process.
- Attend workshops and congress as appropriate.
- Identify range of metrics and select appropriate measures
- Provide regular reports on the implementation of marketing plans for the business.
Technical and professional experience required
- Experience of multiple product launches into the BE and NL markets
- Must have excellent written and spoken English, French and Dutch
- 3-5 years' experience in a similarly complex role, managing multiple brands across several therapeutic areas
- Rare disease experience (oncology/endocrinology) is preferred
- Multi-channel marketing experience would be an asset
- University degree level or equivalent in a scientific/business discipline
- Proven track record in achieving sales and marketing goals
- Campaign development from initiation to execution
- Experience of several full cycles of the strategic and tactical planning process
- Experience in managing branding, medical education and/or PR agencies
- A good understanding of how to interpret market intelligence and datasets (e.g. IMS) and to evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing intervention on the marketplace
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of effectiveness as a cross-functional team player and project leader who gets results
- Possess excellent organisational skills, good attention to detail and a strong sense of responsibility
- Previous experience of managing the certification process for materials is essential
- Previous experience of having worked in a small organisation is desirable
- An individual who will thrive in a challenging and rapidly evolving internal environment
- Buying into the RRD Identity
- Positive thinking and enthusiasm, team spirit, cooperative with the ability to work autonomously
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with others as well as independently
- Capacity to work effectively on multi-disciplinary teams in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Entrepreneurial forward-thinking outlook
- Concise and effective presentation and communication skills
- Highly articulate and persuasive during formal and informal presentations, able to convey complex, scientific ideas fluently to any audience
- Knowledge of local pharmaceutical regulations and related ethic behaviours
- Problem solving abilities
- Analytical skills
- Hands on management
- Skilled in time management and able to meet deadlines
- Organizational and taskforce leading capacities making people deliver
- Client oriented personality
- Service oriented
- Able to work in a specialist area
- Willingness to travel – although this is an office-based role, there will be occasional travel to other EU countries and regular travel within the country of origin
- Computer literate in Microsoft programmes Including, but not limited to Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Self-motivated with desire to expand skill set and overcome challenges
“At Recordati, we believe in equal opportunities and we guarantee that everyone can achieve their potential. We see diversity as a value and will not tolerate any discrimination based on ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, political or religious belief, or any other personal characteristics. At Recordati, we work hard to create a safe and inclusive work environment, where we all have our rights to physical and psychological integrity respected on a daily basis, as well as our right to freedom of opinion and association. We recognise that we each have a role to play in the success of our business and we implement staff development policies through which everyone's contribution and achievements can be appropriately rewarded.”