Who are we?
’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risks. With UpGuard
, organizations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it's monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard
is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring this role?
platform is the primary way our customers manage their and their vendor's security postures. Organizations of all sizes across the globe rely on us to understand their cyber risk exposure and conduct first and third-party risk assessments. UpGuard
has a well-established sales-driven go-to-market process, and as we enter the next phase of the company's growth, we're complimenting this with a lower-touch, product-led growth channel. As a Growth Product Manager, you'll be responsible for building out this product-led growth channel, including developing acquisition loops, optimizing our free trial experience, and perhaps creating a freemium version.
In this role you will:
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for driving growth from within the platform
- Work in fast cycles, running experiments to test and measure ideas. To achieve this, you'll work closely with highly talented designers and software engineers.
- Deeply understand customer needs by spending time with customers, sales, and support and observing patterns/trends across their feedback and the market
- Define and be accountable for the quarterly product-led growth strategy and roadmap for the UpGuard platform, and communicate it to relevant stakeholders inside and outside of UpGuard
- Define, measure, and improve the key success metrics that drive UpGuard's product-led growth
- Communicate new features to internal stakeholders, customers, and prospects via verbal and written means
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience developing a technical or feature-rich software platform
- The ability to use data to capture insights about user behavior, and respond to these insights by defining corresponding features.
- Technical aptitude and comfort with the internal workings of software products
- Shaped a product roadmap based on competing priorities from Sales, Customer Success, and other internal stakeholders
- Technical and commercial skills to make informed tradeoffs about what to build
- Strong UI/UX product sense
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulation of customer problems
What would give you an edge?
- Experience working in a growth team for a SaaS company.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science, software engineering, or related field
- Excellent product taste and have shipped products with great user experience at scale
- Experience or a keen interest in cybersecurity
- Experience building software, preferably in a hands-on software development role
- Experience transitioning from a sales-driven to a self-service model
- Experience using Productboard, Mixpanel, Figma, or Looker
What's in it for you?
Hybrid or Remote: you choose. While we have offices in Sydney Hobart, we don’t mandate how often you need to be there. We focus on what you deliver, not where you deliver it from.
Impact: Influence the direction and design of projects that push the boundaries of your field and see the impact of your work daily.
Be part of an energetic team: Our team is highly collaborative, fostering a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
We value work-life balance: We recognize the importance of maintaining balance and provide a supportive work environment that allows you to prioritize your personal life and well-being.
Generous reward: We offer a competitive salary + equity
Great perks: You won’t find table tennis tables or office mandates - we prefer to offer perks that support your overall well-being - including a lifestyle allowance, well-being program, WFH budget, personal learning development budget, generous leave benefits, and plenty more!
Before starting work with us, you'll undertake a national police history check and reference checks. Also, while remote applicants are encouraged to apply, candidates must have the legal right to work in Australia as well as be able to travel both domestically and internationally, as occasional travel is required.
At this time, we cannot support candidates requiring visa sponsorship or relocation. Apologies.
is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Originally posted on Himalayas