Over the last ten years, SaaS has changed the way we work — for the better. Slack instead of email. Miro instead of sticky notes. Airtable instead of Excel. SaaS is helping tech companies move so much faster, but it’s also introducing a new surface area of risk they’ve never seen before. The risk of leaking sensitive data. As a result, companies are faced with answering the difficult question of how to manage compounding security risks as they grow without introducing more red tape that slows their team down.
At Metomic, we help companies protect sensitive data in SaaS applications like Slack, Google Drive and Zendesk.
Our technology connects to SaaS applications, detects the most critical sensitive data risks, and put automated policies in place to ensure these risks don’t happen again in the future.This liberates tech companies to make full use of their favourite SaaS apps whilst Metomic takes care of all the security risks behind the scenes.
After launching our product in April 2021, we now count some of the world’s most innovative companies as customers, such as Zego, Octopus Energy and Crypto.com. In 2023 we raised a $20m Series A round led by Evolution Equity and backed by other investors such Connect (investors in CityMapper, Typeform, Marvel), LocalGlobe (Improbable, Figma, Zego) and RFC (Hopin, Clubhouse, On Deck, etc), and Resonance.vc.
As the Vice President of Marketing for our B2B SaaS cybersecurity company, you will play a pivotal role in driving our go-to-market strategy and achieving our Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) objectives. You will be at the forefront of creating demand, enhancing brand visibility, and establishing Metomic as a leading player in Data Security Posture Management.
Your responsibilities include:
- Go-to-Market Strategy: Collaborate closely with sales leadership to define target audiences, buyer personas, and target accounts. Develop focused and effective go-to-market strategies to drive revenue growth.
- Demand Generation: Lead the planning, execution, and measurement of lead generation activities that fuel pipeline growth. Focus on top-of-the-funnel programs that align with the buyer's journey, while also tracking leads through to revenue.
- Product Marketing: Work closely with the Product team to deeply understand our offerings, key features, and target use cases. Craft compelling marketing messages, develop product positioning, value propositions, and highlight competitive differentiators.
- Content Marketing: Oversee the creation of high-quality, engaging content such as blogs, webinars, case studies, and whitepapers. These materials will educate potential customers about Data Security Posture Management and showcase our unique approach.
- Brand Development: Define and maintain a strong, consistent brand image for Metomic. Ensure adherence to brand guidelines in all marketing materials and campaigns. Manage strategic Public Relations (PR) and Analyst Relations (AR) relationships to increase brand awareness and establish Metomic as a thought leader in the industry.
- Events and Conferences: Plan and execute marketing activities for industry events, conferences, and private events to raise brand awareness and generate leads.
- Marketing Operations: Ensure that our marketing systems, infrastructure, and data provide valuable insights to support consistent growth. Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and provide regular reporting on the marketing team's performance against objectives.
- Leadership: Build and lead a high-performing marketing team across the above functions. Make strategic decisions on in-house resources and outsourcing to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Strong experience in B2B SaaS marketing, preferably in the cybersecurity industry.
- Proven track record of pipeline contribution.
- Proven track record of building and managing high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing channels and tools, including email, social media, and paid advertising.
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in the European and US markets
- Experience in security SaaS products
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments that you require.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Metomic does not discriminate based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion/belief, sex, sexual orientation. Every employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need. Metomic is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as Metomic employees. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work and experience a culture that is free of harassment and discrimination.
Our recruitment process
We know your time is important and want to make sure our recruitment process provides both of us a really authentic and meaningful insight into what it would be like working together, so we have built that into our process:
- Intro Call (30 mins) This will focus on your motivations and interests, your journey to date and some of the experiences you’ve had. You’ll also hear more about Metomic and our Marketing work to date.
- Marketing Interview - Rich, Co-Founder (30 minutes) This interview will dive deeper into your experience in designing and delivering global marketing strategies, building teams and supporting growth objectives. We want to learn more about your unique skill set and what drives you to succeed.
- Task Interview (1 hour) This will involve a practical activity.
- Team Interviews (1-1.5 hours) We also think it’s important you have a chance to meet your potential future teammates to get a broader perspective on life at Metomic.
- Comprehensive salary. We know there's a broad range of compensation in the UK market for this sort of role. If you feel it's a perfect fit, let's talk about compensation in our intro call.
- Our success is your success, so you’ll receive equity in Metomic (under our tax-efficient EMI options scheme).
Life as a Metonaut
- Remote Working - We’re remote-friendly and also have an office in Shoreditch, London that you can work from at anytime.
- Private Health Insurance - Enrolled from Day 1 through Vitality, for when life happens
- Holiday Leave - 25 days holiday leave, excluding bank holidays
- Learning Budget - £750 per year to invest in your growth
- WFH Budget - £400 one-off contribute to your home office
- Unforgettable events - Annual team team trips away. We recently went to Barcelona! (previous years have been a castle near Marseille, a penthouse in Lisbon, and a farm in South Downs, UK