Paytm is India's leading financial services company that offers full-stack payments financial solutions to consumers, offline merchants and online platforms. The company is on a mission to bring half a billion Indians into the mainstream economy through payments, commerce, banking, investments, and financial services. One97 Communications Limited that owns the brand Paytm is founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma and is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Its investors include Softbank, Ant Financial, AGH Holdings, SAIF Partners, Berkshire Hathaway, T Rowe Price and Discovery Capital
About the team:
Being one of the largest payment platforms in the country, we aim to not only ensure a seamless experience, but also a delightful journey for our customers. We strive to enrich the customer experience by making every transaction transparent, honest, and hassle-free. The app product team ensures to deliver an outstanding user experience to the Paytm Customers by understanding the user, discerning their use patterns, and designing an app that meets their user's needs.
The UPI team owns various products including: P2M, P2P, Passbook, Success Rate office, Customer Support Tech, Onboarding Switch.
About the role:
Are you someone who loves to build products and also gets curious about technology stack being used? Have you worked in technical roles at some point in your career and enjoyed them (be it software developer, engineering manager or architect)? We are looking for Product Owners to enable delivery of high quality financial/payment products in a fast-paced, challenging, and creative environment. You will work with business heads and engineering partners to drive the strategy, roadmap, execution of a product area to build high quality products/systems.
This role would lead entire UPI P2P payments charter.
- We would expect you to hit the ground running, and approach your role with a growth mindset.
- You will be expected to communicate openly, make decisions by creating consensus, and drive a collective obsession about your feature or product.
- Bring consumer first mindset and work backwards: Understand consumer pain points and business imperatives to define product roadmap and strategy. These vary from business critical funnels to reducing CST contacts.
- Growth: Finding new ways to acquire users from inside and outside the Paytm ecosystem.
- Work with cross-functional teams such as User Research, UX Design, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations to deliver high impact products
- Be a brand ambassador for Paytm – Stay Hungry, Stay Humble, Stay Relevant!
Superpowers that will help you succeed in this role
- Any bachelors degree with 10+ years of overall experience and minimum 7 years of Product Management experience in Banking/UPI/Payments space.
- Should have worked with cross functional teams (Engineering, Marketing, Growth, Design, etc.)
- Good understanding of Regulatory Compliances, UPI, Payments and consumer-tech.
- Willingness to experiment and improve continuously
Why join us?
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!
Originally posted on Himalayas