The SDR function is an integral part of the sales team to help drive the top of our sales funnel. You will be the first point of contact for our customers and will be a trusted advisor at Timescale. Working directly with Sales Leadership, you will create sales pipeline by identifying and engaging prospects through strategic campaigns and outreach. This role offers the opportunity for advancement as you will be part of the founding sales team in a high-growth start up.
This role is remote position in the United States, and English language fluency is a requirement.
As a Sales Development Representative at Timescale🐯, you will be interacting directly with customers, answering questions, providing information, and building connections with them.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Identify and engage new and existing contacts by phone, email, and social channels to build awareness and interest.
- Develop strong product, sales, and industry knowledge.
- Articulate the value of Timescale to potential customers.
- Research market opportunities, companies, and contacts to build high potential target list for outreach.
- Qualify opportunities to asses mutual fit.
- Nurture early phase sales opportunities and future pipeline.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and execute pipeline-building campaigns.
- Achieve metric-driven goals in support of the sales plan.
A little bit about you
- You are a top performer, and you know that your success directly depends on your daily effort.
- You are hungry, resilient, curious, driven, and humble in your pursuit of excellence.
- You aren’t afraid to speak up and identify problem areas or share your ideas, and you want to be a part of the solution!
- You thrive in a bold start-up environment and can balance competing priorities with ease 🙌.
- You believe that organizations are best when they’re diverse and inclusive, and you’re committed to ensuring that everything we at Timescale do reflects this belief.
- You’re excited that Timescale is developing a distributed company that continuously represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and locations.
- You can’t wait to be a part of using technology to empower our Timescalers and give them the freedom to work anywhere around the world.
- You’re passionate about being digitally connected and enjoy the flexibility it gives us!
You also have:
- Grit and Resilience with a track record of achievement in competitive/face paced environments.
- Time management skills, with a self-starter mentality that can hold oneself accountable.
- Advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Passion for technology and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Continual investment in self-improvement.
Nice to have:
- 1+ years experience working in sales or customer facing roles.
- Prior Sales/SDR experience at a technology company.
- Previous experience working with a technical audience.
- Experience using sales productivity tools (e.g. Salesforce, Linkedin, Google Suite, Outreach)